Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I think and Pray for you every day

 A poignant letter from Ann in which she expresses how much she misses her two sons working away from home.
Overton
1879

Dear George,

It is a long time since I wrote to you but do not think your all forgotten.  I think and Pray for you every day.  Sunday eveing when the Children were reading & singing I could not help thinking were you & Frank would be & how glad I should be if you were nearer home & could come & see us some times.

Frank has only been home once since he has gone to Swansea.  He has got plenty to do and is going to stick to the Drapery if all is well.  I think to go to Swansea on Saturday.

I am glad to say we are all quite well, your Father walked to Chaple Sunday eveing & yesterday I and Ellen & Robert & Eddy walked up to Castle & Sill Brought us home in the Trap in the eveing.    

The Children were very pleased with their paints.  We have had some nice rain today, it will help on the crops as Grass is very tough for the Sheep & the Potatoes & Vegetables are very backwards this spring.  The weather has been so cold.

How is your Uncle, he was very poorly when he wrote.  I hope he is quite well again.  George Stevens is going to Sail tomorrow in the Pembroke Castle for the Cape.  James Bevan of Horton is Captain.

I have no news worth telling you and Father & Sill are waiting for their Suppe.  Be a good boy & write soon as we expect to hear once a week and may God Bless & keep you form every evils.  

                             For your ever affectionate
                                    Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment